We enter this work to be of assistance to others. It is vital that we maintain our balance and boundaries. Professional supervision is essential.
What does Pat do:
- Pat can and has provided professional supervision to psychologists, social workers, teachers, counsellors, medical personnel– those workers who engage with a large number of people on a regular basis and who deal with highly stressful and complicated life situations.
- Pat can and has provided specific professional educational workshops to groups:
- Specific workshops for GP’s under Divisions of General Practice
- Mental health workshops with specific topics such as recognition of sexual abuse; using cbt; working with foster children. (Pat was the Professional Development officer for the pilot project of the Evolve joint program of the Department of Child Safety and Queensland Health.)
- In educational settings, particularly regarding working with young children in group settings. (Pat lectured at TAFE in Early Childhood for 6 six; worked as an early childhood teacher for 21 years – 11 of those in a C & K Kindergarten Preschool venue, and worked as a Guidance Officer in Queensland State Schools and as the Guidance Officer for the Early Childhood Development Program – ECDP.) Pat is a Fellow of the APS College of Child and Developmental Psychologists
- Pat can develop workshops to suit your needs. Pat is particularly interested in developing workshops regarding separated families and management of pre- and post-court situations. Pat is a Fellow of the APS College of Forensic Psychologists.
- Mareeba clinic rooms, Far North Queensland, Australia
- Dimbulah Community Centre
- By telephone or Zoom
Cost of Supervision:
$100.00 per hour payable by cash or eftpos/credit card.
Cost of Workshops:
$200.00 per hour for small groups, under 15 people; $300.00 per hour for larger groups. Plus all travel costs.
Workshops can be just one or two hours, 1 day (5 or 6 hours) or even 2 days long.