Pat currently works:
- clinically (sees clients – children, adolescents, families, couples and adults)
- educationally (gives workshops to educators, supervision of psychologists, mental health workers, and parents on children’s education, early childhood, childhood difficulties – ASD, ADHD, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, anxiety, childhood trauma)
Pat was educated in Canada (B.Ed-Psych) and in Australia (M.Ed., PGCert of Child Counselling and Family Therapy, FCFP, FCEDP)
Full Member of Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Fellow of APS College of Forensic Psychologists.
Fellow of APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists.
Member of Qld Association of Family Therapists.
- Worked for 21 years as an Early Childhood Teacher and Lecturer in Early Childhood Education in Canada and in Australia.
- Has had a private practice in North Queensland since 1997.
- Has consulted for Family Court of Australia, Department of Child Safety, Education Department, and Health Department in Queensland, Australia.
> 10 Essential tools for a healthy relationship.
> 4 Essential tips for a good night’s sleep.
Psychologists have many ways of working:
- organisational psychology to assist business;
- sporting psychology to keep athletes and teams winning;
- personal coaching and motivational counselling; trauma and grief counselling; hypnosis;
- assisting to overcome physical illnesses;
- assisting in coping with specific mental health disorders such as schizophrenia.
Some psychologists work with specific groups of people, e.g. geriatric community, drug and alcohol affected individuals, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, or children and adolescents and their families.
Pat’s particular clinical specialties are children, adolescents and their families; their education; their responses to illness, to traumatic events and to life; their parents; and in particular, separated parents. While Pat primarily works with children and their families, Pat also works with adolescents and their families, young adults, and adults.