Counselling for Separated Families
What do we do:
- assistance with shared or co-parenting, step-family parenting; and/or
- help you get along with your ex-partner.
- Cairns clinic rooms, Far North Queensland, Australia
- Mareeba clinic rooms, Far North Queensland, Australia
- Dimbulah Community Centre
- By telephone or Zoom
Cost of Clinical Help:
$200.00 per hour payable by cash or eftpos/credit card.
With a GP Mental Health referral (we need to have a copy of the form, not just a letter from the doctor), Medicare may partially rebate your clinical fee – check with Medicare for details. However, in special circumstances where the client/patient eligible, there is no cost involved.
Refunds may also be available through your private medical insurances.
5 Tips for keeping the Kids out of the Conflict
- Speak only positively about your ex-partner/spouse within your children’s hearing and to your children. (If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.)
- Use information specially written for children should they be curious about the Court matter, i.e. available from the Family Law Courts of Australia website
- Let your children know that it’s okay for them to love your ex-partner/spouse.
- Use a communication book, text or e-mail when you want to pass important information to the other parent and not ask the child to pass on communication on behalf of a parent, e.g. the time medication was last given.
- Tell your children the dispute is between you and the other parent; that it’s ‘adult business’ and they do not need to know or worry about it.